Wrestling with the Needle
Wohoooo! I have managed to wrestle it out with Tunic Top from Oliver+S. I must be doing something wrong but for some reason, i mess something up somehow. Sewing this particular top, the Lining pieces didn’t match up at the side seams, they were about 1 inch both sides too short. After i tried to butcher a solution together with extentions and bias tape, i gave in – i ripped the seams back open, re-cut the lining pieces and reassemble the garment after i had already partially sewn it. It was a bit of a needle game but i was able to conquer in the end.
I have to say i learned a lot today – even if the tiny garment took me almost 2 days to make. But i am getting better and learning every day.
I used Heather Rosse’s Uniqhorn fabric from Kokka from Japan. I got it here on Hawthorne at Cool Cottons. It’s an adorable cotton double weave, very delicate but perfect for this kind of weather. Unfortunately, it’s a bit too big for L. So no better photo for now. But i have to say, it turned out cute, and i can’t wait for her to fit into it. Might be next year.