My honest scraps – 10 truely honest things about me
I just got awarded the ‘Truly Honest Scrap” award from Novita Estiti who in turn has written a deeply personal ‘honest scrap’ article at her lovely blog Verypurpleperson . Thank you, Novita! I am so very honored. I love your blog and it has been a must read on my blogroll for a long time. You are an Inspiration and more than one of my project sprang into life just after reading your entries.
The rules for this award are pretty simple:
- Thank the person who awarded the prize, mention their blog and give the link.
- Share ‘Ten Honest Things’ about yourself.
- Present this award to seven others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
- Tell those seven people they’ve been awarded the Honest Scrap award and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
1. The seek fund-raiser sale that will be held this week is not entirely selfless.
By being able to sell now for charity, I am freeing myself not only of the physical garments in their big box, but also the idea to pursue this career path even when I can legally work again.
2. I don’t have any contact with my father. While I have strong ties with my mother, my father decided against having any interaction with his children after my parents’ marriage faltered. In the search of a positive father figure, the next point probably happened.
3. I was 13 years old when i was molested by a family friend. He was 20 years my senior, with a wife and two children. The result was a messed up self esteem and inability to healthily connect with men. It took more then 15 years to heal and put in the past. It is possible!
4. I am so blessed with meeting my husband. He is my soul mate, my best friend and a loving and caring father for our daughter.
5. I feel awfully clumsy while attempting small talk. That’s why i prefer a few deep friendships to many loose acquaintances. But at the same time would love to reach more people with this blog.
6. I look at Blog stats way too often. Terrible!
7. I am vain. And short sighted. That’s why you don’t see me wearing glasses in any of my posted pictures.
8. I attempted to steal a bottle of shampoo when I was 11 years old and was so terribly clumsy about it that I got caught by the shop detective. I never tried stealing again but was very worried about my reputation thereafter and honestly can’t believe I am writing this!
9. Don’t fly with me. I might be bad luck. Besides countless delays and luggage that didn’t arrive numerous times, i got stranded in HK at my first business trip in 1997, at JFK airport during the big power outage of 2003, at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam in 2004, in Chicago O’Hare in 2006 (for 2 nights!!!) and one emergency landing in Frankfurt on the way to Manchester. Well, i guess it could be worse.
10. I haven’t posted all the things i have made during the last year. Ha – how tragic! But i will get to it!
Whow, you read all this? As you know now, i prefer real friendships. And honesty is a big part that. I hope you feel a little closer now.
Now I have the task and honor to pick 7 from all the wonderful blogs in the big wide Blogosphere that i find brilliant, have inspired and encouraged me. Here we go in no particular order: